Goal of the project:
The goal of A2H is to improve adolescent health and well-being through working to shift perceptions and change deeply-rooted behaviors by pursuing activities involving life-skills training, building gatekeeper change makers and improving access to age appropriate and reliable information and services.
Quick view of the project
Donor: USAID & Plan International Bangladesh.
Working Area: Number of Village: 849, Number of Union: 47, Name of Upazila: Taraganj, Badarganj, Pirganj and Mithapukur Name of District: Rangpur. Project Budget: BDT: 12,41,51,392
Project Period: January 12, 2016 to November 11, 2018
Reporting Period: July 2015 to June 2016
Working Area: Number of Village: 849, Number of Union: 47, Name of Upazila: Taraganj, Badarganj, Pirganj and Mithapukur Name of District: Rangpur.
Project Budget: BDT: 12,41,51,392
Output of the project:
- Increased self-efficacy, negotiation skills and decision making power among adolescent regarding appropriate age at marriage.
- Increased community support for delaying age at marriage and investing in adolescent.
- Improved knowledge on benefits of delaying age of marriage and gender norms among adolescent and their gatekeepers.
- Family planning knowledge improved among adolescent (including discussions, intentions and use)
- Improved enabling environment by community gatekeeper engagement for delaying age at first birth and health birth spacing.
- Improve attitude and knowledge to delay births.
- Increased exposure to platforms/messages for delaying births.
- Increased use of Reproductive Health services among adolescent.
- Improved knowledge about SRS services.
- Increased availability of adolescent friendly source of services and information.
Outcome of the project:
- Delay age at Marriage
- Delay First Birth and Improving Birth Spacing among Adolescent
- Improve Healthy ASRH behavior