Goal of the project:
To create an integrated microfinance model of PKSF for employment creation and poverty alleviation contributing to sustainable rural development. The key elements of ENRICH are: best possible utilization of available resources and capabilities at the household level; the capabilities of the household members; and enhancing the resource base of the households
Quick view of the project
Donor: Palli Karma Shawayak Foundation (PKSF)
Working Area: Auliapur Union of Thakurgaon Sadar Upazilla of Thakurgaon district Project Budget: BDT: 19031393.00
Project Period: January 2012 to December 2017
Working Area: Auliapur Union of Thakurgaon Sadar Upazilla of Thakurgaon district
Project Budget: BDT: 19031393.00
- Union Parishad-led and people-centered planning and implementation model is being adopted covering the whole community of the union.
- Wage employment ensured for 371 un-employed youth through job fare.
- Auwliapur Union has been declared as a 100% sanitation Union by the government.
- The average HHs income has increased.
- Union Parishads are becoming popular as a pro-poor and local-level responsible institution.
- 100% eligible children enrolled in school without any dropout.
- Targeted households are now self-employed in their various initiatives like goat, poultry, duck rearing, beef fattening, vermi-compost, karchupi works, tailoring and commercial vegetable cultivation.
- Food and nutritional security significantly increased; as a result, severe malnutrition has decreased (In both pregnant, lactating mother and children).
- Mother and child health scenario has significantly improved and through the Satellite clinic, community clinic and health camps the health status has remarkably improved.
- Through the micro credit and technical support, self-employment has increased and advance labor sale, skipping of food on lean season has reduced and happens rarely.